Routt County Joint Information Center
March 24, 2020
FAQ’s on Routt County Executive Orders
I had plans to vacation in Routt County this week, may I still come?
Order One prohibits any new visitors coming to Routt County and staying in local lodging. All short term lodging (30 days or less), including but not limited to hotels, motels, timeshares, short term rentals (including but not limited to rentals done through direct owner to renter contact, a management company, VRBO, Airbnb, or other similar service), bed and breakfasts, lodges, retreats, RV parks, and camping is prohibited. There shall be no new bookings or reservations for the time period in which this Order is in effect. Reservations beginning on or after 08:00 a.m. on March 27, 2020 shall be cancelled.
Are there exemptions to the Lodging Order?
Yes, the following are exempt from the Lodging Order:
• Lodging necessary for emergency or quarantine purposes
• Lodging necessary to provide lodging for essential federal, state, county or local personnel, including, but not limited to, essential personnel for the County’s Emergency Operations Center and Public Health Department
• Advocates of Routt County’s domestic violence shelter
• Lodging necessary because it is not safe or possible for a guest to depart from the County
• Lodging that is occupied by a local worker
Can I invite friends over to my house?
The Order prohibits the gathering of five or more people not in the same household. The intent is to limit physical gatherings to members of immediate families and households.
May I meet up with friends to meet outside?
While we encourage people to recreate outdoors, Order Two prohibits the gathering of more than five, non-household persons. Put simply, adults, children and teenagers cannot congregate in groups, this includes for outdoor activities as well as at public places such as the post office or gas station. Additionally, we need to limit the number of shoppers in retail stores to stop the spread of the virus.
Is this Public Gathering Public Health Order the same as a Shelter in Place or Stay at Home Order?
No. We are trying to encourage people to adhere to the physical distancing guidelines and limit the amount of people who are together at one time. People can still go outside to recreate, go shopping, get take-out from our restaurants, but stay safe. Law enforcement will be enforcing these public health orders.
What are the Physical Distancing requirements?
Physical distancing, also known as social distancing, requires the following:
• Limit contact of people at least 6 feet from each other
• Limit contact to less than 10 minutes
• Wash hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds as frequently as possible or using hand sanitizer
• Cover coughs or sneezes into the sleeve or elbows
• Regularly clean high-touch surfaces
• Do not shake hands, employ another greeting that does not touch
Is anyone exempt from this Order?
All first responders, emergency management personnel, emergency dispatchers, court personnel, law enforcement personnel, daycares and childcare, and gatherings necessary for employment are exempt from this Order.
Can businesses have more than five people?
All businesses that remain open must meet the Mitigation Requirements:
• No more than five customers can be in a business at any one time (exceptions for some retail businesses)
• The business must have a cleaning process in place to reduce cross-contamination by customers when using pens, credit card machines, counters, gas pumps, and any other item that is touched by more than one person
• The Social Distancing Requirements must be met, including, but not limited to, while customers are standing in checkout line, while customers are standing in line to enter the business, and while shopping or otherwise conducting their business
Are any businesses exempt from the Public Gathering Order?
Any hardware store, grocery store or discount department store [City Market, Safeway, Natural Grocers, Hayden Mercantile, Select Super Market, Walmart, Ace at the Curve, and Walgreens] may have five customers for each 1000 square feet of their building and must take effective measures to implement this requirement.