The Town of Hayden contracts with Waste Management for residential trash removal and household recycling. This contract is for the collection and disposal of refuse as well as the collection and recycling of recyclable materials within the Town, generated by and collected from all single family homes and single-family units within multi-residential complexes of five (5) units or less. Refuse and recycling containers may be placed by the curbside after 6:00 p.m. Monday and must be removed from the curbside within 24-hours following collection.
Residents and landlords can enroll for this service by contacting Town Hall, 276-3741 during normal business hours. Billing for the service is included with the Town’s monthly utility billing. Fees for these services are set by the Town, through negotiations with the selected service provider, and may change.
As of January 1, 2016 the rates are:
$17.78 per month, single-family
$12.98 per month, West Routt Housing/Qualified Senior Citizens
Included in this service are:
1. Refuse: Garbage, rubbish or any combination thereof. Collection of refuse shall be weekly on Tuesdays. It is the responsibility of residents to place their refuse at the curbside for collection.
2. Garbage: Refuse accumulations of animal, fruit or vegetable matter that attend the use and preparation of meat, fish, fowl or vegetables.
3. Rubbish: All other refuse, crockery, trimmings from lawn, trees, gardens, rags, straw, sawdust, packing material, Styrofoam, shavings, ashes and similar materials.
4. Recycling Materials: All colored glass, plastics numbered 1-7, aluminum and tin cans, newspaper, magazines, junk mail, office paper, paper board and corrugated cardboard. Collection of recycling materials shall be on Tuesdays every other week.
5. Containers: One (1) ninety-six (96) gallon roller cart provided by Contractor or plastic or galvanized metal container, water-tight, with tight fitting covers approximately thirty-two (32) gallons or less in capacity, having cover with handle and side handles provided by customer. Customer provided container(s) shall not weigh more than sixty-five (65) pounds when full or more than fifteen (15) pounds when empty. Fifty-five (55) gallon drums will not be serviced.
6. Bundle: A package containing refuse only, not exceeding four (4) feet in its longest dimension, securely tied with cord or rope of sufficient strength to permit lifting and carrying of the full weight thereof without spillage or leakage and placed for collection immediately adjacent to a standard container. Branches and lawn trimmings shall be handled as bundles.
Note: No limit shall be placed on the volume of refuse to be collected from any single family unit under this Contract, provided however; containers must comply with e. and f. above. A limit of three (3) thirty-two (32) gallon containers or one (1) ninety-six (96) gallon roller cart shall be placed on the volume of refuse to be collected from Senior Citizen Units and West Routt Housing Units.
7. Plastic bags: Or other type bags that will not fall apart when wet and will support the weight of their contents.
8. Ashes: Shall be allowed to cool and then placed in a disposable container, be it a plastic or paper bag or a cardboard box so as to control and prevent fire when placed in the collection vehicle.
9. Appliances consisting of stoves, refrigerators, water heaters, washers, dryers, couches, mattresses, box springs, electronics (TV’s, computer monitors and CPU’s, laptops or tablets, DVD or VCR players, video display devices with a screen greater than four inches, radios or stereo equipment, printers or fax machines, video game consoles, and other electronic devices) shall not be considered normal household refuse. Separate arrangements may be made with Contractor for their removal. Such arrangements, and the associated fee for this service, shall not be considered part of the service provided by Waste Management for Town residents.
10. Meadow Village Mobile Home Park (Park) shall have the option of using container service. This service shall be as determined by and between the Park’s management and Waste Management, and will be provided at the same rate as a single-family rate per unit. If dumpsters are used in the Park, adequate service would be agreed upon between the owner of the Park and the Contractor, separate from this agreement. Material as described in Paragraph (g.) of this section (Ashes) shall not be considered part of this service.
11. Refuse shall be placed on the curb in accordance with schedules to be published by Waste Management in accordance with the Town.
Town residents are eligible to receive recycling services through Waste Management, Inc.in multiple ways. Residents living in single-family housing, or in multi-family housing of five units or less, are enrolled for curbside recycling that is picked-up every other week on Tuesday. The fee for recycling is included in the $17.78 fee charged residents monthly for curbside collection and disposal of refuse and recycling. Waste Management provides a ninety-six (96) gallon molded plastic recycling containers with lids and wheel for use by residents as part of the recycling service; smaller containers are also available upon request to Waste Management. Sorting of recycling materials is not necessary. Contact Town Hall if you need a recycling container by calling 970-276-3741.
Waste Management also provides Town residents with a satellite recycling collection site. Located at the Hayden Mercantile store this single-stream recycling site allows residents to put all of their recycling materials into one of the containers without sorting the materials. There is at least one container at this site for the recycling of cardboard materials exclusively; the container is labeled for this use. Please do not place rubbish into these dumpsters as it contaminates the recyclable materials.
Appliances consisting of stoves, refrigerators, water heaters, washers, dryers, couches, mattresses, box springs, electronics (TV’s, computer monitors and CPU’s, laptops or tablets, DVD or VCR players, video display devices, radios or stereo equipment, printers or fax machines, video game consoles, and other electronic devices) are not considered recyclable materials; however, separate arrangements may be made by residents with Waste Management for their removal.