2017 Routt County income-qualified home energy efficiency assistance
Includes a FREE home energy assessment from a certified and approved home energy auditor. Includes FREE starter energy upgrades to begin to make your home more comfortable and lower your utility bills. Depending on the needs of the home, energy upgrades could include measures such as:
- Furnace or boiler tune-up and/or safety check
- LED energy efficient light bulbs
- Programmable thermostats
- Hot water heater wrap
- Low-flow showerheads
- Immediate air sealing needs such as around doors
- Coaching and advice on energy and utility bill savings and rebates
WHO CAN QUALIFY?
- Income-qualified homeowners, residents, renters (renters need landlord
approval and signature; landlords must also meet 80 % area medium
- Families, couples, singles, seniors
- Households in single-family homes, condos, townhomes, apartments and
- Households earning up to 80 % of area median income (income
verification required in form of most recent income tax return)
HOW TO GET STARTED:
- Fill out the form here.
- Submit a copy of your most recent tax return for income verification with your application. BLACK OUT your social security # before submitting.
- If you qualify, the Yampa Valley Sustainability Council team will contact you to schedule a free home
- The team will help you address the energy efficiency needs of your home, at no cost to you.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR QUESTIONS:
If you or someone you know could be eligible or has questions, please contact Yampa Valley Sustainability
Council at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-871-9299 ext. 104.