TOWN OF HAYDEN
Vista Verde/Santa Fe
(720) 323-2758 Pat
Start Date: 8-07-2018
Construction hours 7-6 M-F
The Town of Hayden is undertaking a significant reconstruction on Vista Verde. New curb and gutter will be installed along with a fully reconstructed road surface and water main.
There will be unavoidable inconvenience; the Town and our Construction personnel will make every effort to minimize periods of limited access. At times those periods could be several days as we repair what were unfortunate construction methods at the time of development.
Please understand our team is doing its best to accommodate residents living in the immediate area. A new waterline is being installed to allow for better access for Town maintenance operations and service the residents. With the waterline installation water service may be interrupted for periods of an hour or more.
Patience and understanding the inconvenience now will be rewarded with a new infrastructure in the very near future. We can all help the Contractor complete the work as quickly as possible, so please help with your patience!
Thank You All!
From Your Town Staff
Here to Service the Community
WILDFIRE SMOKE AND HEALTH: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
If moderate to heavy smoke is visible, air quality has reached levels that are unhealthy.
Not everyone who is exposed to wildfire smoke will have health problems.
Most healthy adults and children will recover quickly from smoke exposure and will not suffer long-term health consequences.
Particulate matter exposure is the principal public health threat from short-term exposures to wildfire smoke.
What are symptoms related to smoke exposure?
•Eye, nose and/or throat irritation–runny eyes and/or nose.
•Coughing, sore throat.
•Trouble breathing or tightness of the chest, which may be symptoms of a health emergency.
•The onset of symptoms related to pre-existing respiratory ailments like asthma or emphysema.
•Weakened immune system after prolonged exposure to smoke.
HOW CAN I PROTECT MYSELF FROM WILDFIRE SMOKE?
•Consider limiting outdoor activity when moderate to heavy smoke is present and relocating temporarily if smoke is present indoors and is making you ill.
•Use air conditioners on re-circulate mode and with the highest quality filters appropriate for the model, HEPA air filters, and close your windows. Move to a shelter if you do not have air conditioning and your home is too hot with the windows closed.
Please refer to links below, for additional information.
Colorado Crane Conservation Coalition Inc. is pleased to announce plans for the 7th annual Yampa Valley Crane Festival. The festival takes place August 30 – September 2, 2018 in Steamboat Springs and Hayden, Colorado and features over 50 exciting individual events. Most events are free and require no advanced registration. A few events with limited numbers require advance registration and a small fee.
Overall highlights of the festival include:
- Guided crane viewing in Steamboat and Hayden led by crane expert, Paul Tebbel
- Keynote speaker- Anne Lacy, Coordinator of Crane Research for the International Crane Foundation
- Featured speaker- Jennifer Ackerman, author of the NY Times best-selling book, “The Genius of Birds”
- Film- American debut of award-winning French documentary, “Free like a Crane” that follows the migration of Eurasian Cranes from Estonia to Ethiopia with stops along the way in Turkey and Israel
- Carpenter Ranch event- Picnic, talk by Birding editor Ted Floyd, and nature walk at The Nature Conservancy’s Carpenter Ranch in Hayden
- HawkQuest- Live raptor booth and presentation
- HawkQuest photo shoot- A 2-hour live bird photo shoot
- Crane-friendly ranch tour in Hayden
- Crane-inspired aerialist dancers
- Crane yoga workshop for all ages
- “Big Sit” and nature walk near an osprey nest at Yampa River Botanic Park
- Nature walk at the top of Thunderhead ski mountain with gondola ride
- Guided bird walks led by Birding Editor Ted Floyd and Joel Such
- Birding-by-pontoon-boat taking place at Steamboat Lake and led by naturalists
- Crane yard art display and silent auction featuring cranes decorated by local artists
- Crane/Wildlife walking tour- Walking tour in downtown Steamboat focusing on wildlife stories of historic Steamboat
- Children’s activities- Owl pellet workshops, crane coloring contest and more!
This year a special pre-festival family event will take place at Yampa Valley Brewing Company in Hayden. Join Colorado Crane Conservation Coalition (CCCC) and Yampa Valley Brewing Company (YVBC) on August 26 from 2 – 5 p.m. to celebrate the upcoming Yampa Valley Crane Festival and the “hatching” of YVBC’s “Sandhill Crane Red” ale in cans (previously only on tap)! Volunteers will be available to answer all crane and crane festival questions and to offer family fun activities such as crane face painting, crane cookie decorating, and a crane calling contest with prizes. A portion of all proceeds from the new beer can sales will go to benefit the cranes and the crane festival.
Full festival schedule and registration: www.coloradocranes.org. Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-276-1933
The Town of Hayden has arranged for aerial spraying for mosquitos.
The spraying will take place during the evening hours on June 6th or 7th, July 10th, 11th, or 12th, and August 7th , 8th or 9th, or the earliest evening thereafter when wind or weather permits.
Call Town Hall at
276-3741 for further information.
Football refers to a number of sports that involve, to varying degrees, kicking a ball with the foot to score a goal. Unqualified, the word football is understood to refer to whichever form of football is the most popular.
The process often starts with a planning stage in which plans are prepared by an architect and approved by the client and any regulatory authority. Then the site is cleared, foundations are laid and trenches for connection to services.
A rock festival, considered synonymous with pop festival, is considered to be a large-scale rock music concert, featuring multiple acts performing an often diverse range of popular music including rock, pop, folk, electronic, and related genres.
One of the New Hampshire Grants, Middlebury was chartered by Colonial Governor Benning Wentworth on November 2, 1761. The name “Middlebury” came from its location between the towns of Salisbury and New Haven.
A town meeting is a form of direct democratic rule, used primarily in portions of the United States – principally in New England – since the 17th century, in which most or all the members of a community come together to legislate policy and budgets for local government.